Meet the Emergency Medical Services Team
The Emergency Medical Services team is led by EMS Acting Chief Spencer Yamamoto.
Spencer YamamotoActing EMS Chief
I began my career with the Honolulu Emergency Medical Services in 1998. I have been an EMT, Paramedic, Supervisor, Temporary Assignment as District Chief, and now I am serving as Acting Chief of EMS. I graduated from Kapiʻolani Community College’s EMT and Paramedic Program with an Associates Degree. I graduated from the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa with a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Nutrition and a Masters degree in Physiology with a specialty in Exercise Physiology. Formerly involved with Hawaiʻi’s USAR Team (Civil Defense) Rail Response Team, and the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) team.
Howard FujimotoActing Assistant Chief for Operations, Chief of Operations
Chief Fujimoto's career with Honolulu EMS started in 1990 as an EMT and 3 years prior with a private ambulance firm (International Life Support). He graduated from the Kapi'olani Community College Paramedic program in 1991. Chief Fujimoto worked the next 30 years as a Paramedic, Supervisor and then a District Chief. He is currently assigned as the Acting Assistant Chief of Operations.
Korey ChockAssistant Chief of Professional Standards
Chief Chock has 22 years in Emergency Services that include time spent working in EMS systems and Fire/EMS systems. Prior to becoming an Assistant Chief, he spent 15 years as a front line Paramedic, 11 of which were as a dual Paramedic/Firefighter. As an Assistant Chief he assists in the development of policies, procedures and medical directives. He also manages and oversees quality assurance and quality improvement measurements and initiatives, which includes the initial and on-going training of current and new employees.
Lorrin OkumuraAssistant Chief for Support Services
Chief Okumura has been with Honolulu EMS for 26 years. He has worked as an EMT, Paramedic, Supervisor, Safety Specialist II. He has a Bachelors of Arts in Secondary Education/Health from the University of Hawaiʻi and an Associates Degree from Kapiʻolani Community College. In 2012, he was named City & County of Honolulu Paramedic of the Year and Honolulu Emergency Services Employee of the Year in 2016.
Customer Service number: (808) 723-7832
Area of Coverage
Leeward Oʻahu (Mākaha, Waʻianae, Nānākuli, Māʻili, Kapolei, Makakilo, ʻEwa Beach, Pearl City (West side of Waimano Home Road), Waipahū, Waipiʻo, Mililani, Whitmore, Waialua, North Shore (Haleʻiwa side of Pūpūkea Road)
- Monitors operations for the following EMS units (Waiʻanae, Nānākuli, Makakilo, Waipahū, Waipiʻo, Wahiawā and Waialua).
- Monitors all 911 emergencies in the area of coverage including patient care. Responds to major and other significant calls and takes Medical Command for Mass Casualty Incidents.
- Reviews and evaluates performance of subordinates and takes actions to correct deficiencies.
- Ensures protocols and procedures are followed.
- Handles customer service calls.
- Acts as the liaison and meets with officials of medical facilities and other public safety agencies representing the EMS division on a variety of issues.
- Advises and assists in the investigation and resolution of administrative problems
- Other ancillary duties.
Laurie GraceDistrict Chief
Stacy YoshikawaDistrict Chief
Darcel HeeDistrict Chief
Justin SantiagoDistrict Chief
Scott KirleyUnit Supervisor
Leonard Chong, TAUnit Supervisor
Brandon IgeUnit Supervisor
Sunny FitzgeraldUnit Supervisor
Yvonne Nelson, TAUnit Supervisor
Customer Service number: (808) 723-7844
Area of Coverage
Central Oʻahu (Pearl City, ʻAiea, Hālawa, Pearl Harbor, Hickam, Māpunapuna, Salt Lake, Sand Island, Kalihi, Downtown Honolulu, Waikīkī, Makiki)
- Monitors operations for the following EMS Units (ʻAiea, Charlie One, Baker One, Metro One, Makiki, Pāwaʻa One Rapid Response I & II)
- Same responsibilities as D-1.
Kenny FariaDistrict Chief
Jonathan HongDistrict Chief
Kelly YamamotoDistrict Chief
Jared TanouyeDistrict Chief
Kea SmithUnit Supervisor
Derrick OkamotoUnit Supervisor
Shaun TakeshitaUnit Supervisor
Jack NagaishiUnit Supervisor
Brent ShimabukuroUnit Supervisor
Customer Service number: (808) 723-7917
Area of Coverage
East Oʻahu to North Shore (Wailupe, Hawaiʻi Kai, Waimānalo, Kailua, Kāneʻohe, Kahaluʻu, Hauʻula, Kaʻaʻawa, Kahuku, Sunset Beach, Kahuku side of Pūpūkea Rd.)
- Monitors operations for the following EMS Units (Kailua, Kāneʻohe, Wailupe, Waimānalo and Kahuku)
- Same responsibilities as D-2
Frank GregorioDistrict Chief
Jonathan LeeDistrict Chief
Howard FujimotoDistrict Chief
Jason Moses, TADistrict Chief
Tony AltomareUnit Supervisor
Belinda LeeUnit Supervisor
Jon KurosuUnit Supervisor
Ray Franco, TAUnit Supervisor
Laura KumamotoUnit Supervisor
Customer Service number: (808) 723-7969
Area of Coverage
Central Oʻahu to North Shore ('Aiea , Waipio, Wahiawa, Waialua, Kahuku)
- Monitors operations for the following EMS Units 'Aiea , Waipio, Wahiawa, Waialua, Kahuku
- Same responsibilities as District 1
Sonya AustinDistrict Chief
Crista BroxsonDistrict Chief
Theresa McGregorDistrict Chief
Vacant TADistrict Chief
Ruddy Hernandez, TAUnit Supervisor
Julie WatanukiUnit Supervisor
Shara MolinaUnit Supervisor
Felimon JulianoUnit Supervisor
William Batalon, TAUnit Supervisor
Anthony YoungDistrict Chief
Matt LamkeUnit Supervisor
Frannie ChungDistrict Chief
Diana ChunUnit Supervisor
Sherryann MurphyUnit Supervisor
Natasha HeeUnit Supervisor
Jansen FukudaUnit Supervisor
Isaac TejadaDistrict Chief